We are currently seeking professional, highly-motivated, service-oriented individuals to fill Part-Time, Full-Time, and Float Teller positions. Tellers are responsible for performing routine branch and customer service duties; accepting retail and commercial checking and savings deposits; processing loan payments; cashing checks and making savings withdrawals; promoting business for the bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
Candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills, excellent math and organizational skills; the ability to listen, understand, and respond to requests; and the ability to travel throughout Ulster, Dutchess, and Orange counties. Float tellers are assigned to branches as needed and require flexible schedules including possible Saturday hours.
Hours vary for the Part-Time and Float Teller positions and will include Saturday hours of 8:45 am to 2:15 pm.
The Systems Administrator will perform systems analysis, workstation configuration, Help Desk administration, as well as providing end-user support, end-user training, systems troubleshooting and maintenance. The Systems Administrator will identify problems, suggest improvements/solutions, assist with both department and company-wide projects and manage assigned projects independently.
Candidates should possess a High school diploma or GED required with at least 3 years of relevant experience, or the equivalent combination of experience and/or training. Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
Mortgage Loan Underwriter
The primary function of the Underwriter is to render credit decisions consistent with bank and investor policies, exercising sound judgment based on a detailed analysis of all relative documentation.
- Full-time position
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Sign-on bonus
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze application package to determine credit strength, employment history, property values and characteristic, and any other pertinent information
- Verify the accuracy of information contained in application
- Responsible for examining loan documentation for accuracy and completeness while coordinating with processor to secure all required documents
- Underwrite and decide mortgage loans ensuring compliance with appropriate bank and secondary market investor standards
- Provide potential counter-offers where the existing application will not qualify
- Identify conditions to loan approvals, either based on bank standards or those of the selected investor
- Document and effectively communicate reasons for rejection/approval
- Enter decision and all conditions in the system
- Ability to respond to individual bank and investor audits.
- Work with new Processors as needed, assisting them through the training process to advance them to our desired performance levels.
- Adhere to all Regulatory Compliance Laws (including but not limited to: Fair Credit Reporting Act, HMDA, RESPA, HOEPA, Reg Z, Flood Disaster Protection Act, ECOA & Fair Housing, Privacy Act & Policies, and New York State Regulations).
- Identify potential opportunities and cross-sell all bank products and services to new and existing clients. Continually prospect to create new lead streams both within and outside of the institution.
- Drives financial performance through profitable revenue growth, goal attainment, and exceptional customer service.
- Attend meetings in the main office or any other designated location. The meetings will include but not be limited to underwriting, training seminars, general bank meetings.
- Any other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize.
- Knowledge of lending principles and the Bank’s credit policies.
- Strong working knowledge of GSE, FHA, VA, USDA, & Portfolio Guidelines.
- Minimum of 3 years Mortgage Processing and/or Underwriting experience (Preferred)
Personal and Small Business Insurance – CSR/Account Management
This position is responsible for the retention of designated accounts by delivering prompt, accurate, and high-quality customer service. In our fast-paced environment there will also be plenty of opportunities to sell additional coverage to your existing customers as well as to write new business.
Candidates should have a comprehensive understanding of personal and small business insurance products and coverage and have the ability to promptly provide accurate answers to customer and carrier inquiries. In addition, they must have the ability to work independently and express excellent judgment in identifying and resolving coverage issues and must adhere to agency procedures for selling, servicing, and processing.
Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written - are required, as well as computer skills with the ability to produce reports and perform analysis. Applicants need to be proficient in Microsoft Office products. In addition, minimal requirements include at least three years of personal and small business insurance experience; excellent customer service skills; experience with Agency Management System (Applied EPIC preferred); a valid NYS driver’s license; ability to travel to and work out of additional locations upon request; and a valid NYS P&C license.
Residential Mortgage Specialist
Ulster Savings is currently seeking highly motivated Residential Mortgage Loan Specialists/Originators in Orange and Dutchess counties. Join our exciting and growing sales team. You will be working within our communities to help borrowers through the mortgage process. Mortgage sales experience is required along with current valid NMLS registration and valid NYS driver’s license. Bilingual is preferred.
We offer our employees excellent benefits to meet personal needs including Student Loan Repayment Assistance, Child Care Reimbursement, Dental, Vision and 401K Match.