Sustainable Community Support
In 2001, in honor of the bank’s 150th anniversary, Ulster Savings created a charitable foundation to ensure a sustainable level of community giving now and for the future. While funded through Ulster Savings Bank, the Charitable Foundation is operated separately based on a mission to assist the community in the areas of Education, Housing, and Health and Human Services.
In 2021, our Foundation has given grant money exceeding $175,000!
So far this year in 2022, We have given a total of $207,400 to support the community we love.
Tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations located in Ulster, Dutchess, and Orange Counties may be eligible to apply for grants for programs and projects that provide service or benefits to the residents in their respective counties. Applications are now being accepted.
2023 Application Deadlines:
March 8, May 31, September 8, December 6
- Anderson Center for Autism
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orange County
- Circle Creative Collection, Inc.
- Cancer Assistance for Parents
- Center for Prevention of Child Abuse
- Center for Spectrum Services
- Childrens Home of Kingston
- Community Housing Innovations, Inc.
- Crossroads Church
- Everfi Financial Literacy Program
- Foundation of Abilities First
- Harambee for the Benefit of Lights on Kingston
- Harry Chapin Food Bank
- Historic Huguenot Street
- Holistic Health Community
- Hudson River Maritime Museum
- Hudson Valley LGTBQ
- Joy of Learning Collaboration
- Kiwanis Club of Newburgh Foundation, Inc.
- Land To Learn
- Mid Hudson Childrens Museum
- Mohonk Preserve
- New Paltz United Methodist Church
- Newburgh Amory Unity Center
- Newburgh Community Land Bank
- Phillies Bridge Farm Project
- Poughkeepsie Farm Project
- Read & Write
- Rebuilding Our Children & Community
- Rebuilding Together Dutchess County
- Safe Harbors of the Hudson
- San Miguel Academy of Newburgh
- Seasoned Gives
- Sparrows Nest
- Starling Productions / TMI Project
- Stockade Works
- The Art Effect
- New Paltz Black History Museum & Cultural Center
- The Susie Reizod Foundation
- Tilda's Kitchen
- Ulster Literacy Association
- United Way Dutchess Orange Region
- United Way Ulster County
- Walkway Over The Hudson
- Wild Earth
- Woodstock Day School
- Worker Justice Center of New York
- YWCA Ulster County